Friday, February 24, 2012

The Summer of 10,000 Pages

I'll be back at the Grounds for summer #5 in just a few short weeks. Okay, like 14. Regardless, I'd rather being laying on a beach than looking out at snow, even if that snow did close school today.

I start off every summer with the goal of hanging out with co-workers and campers more and around the end of June I always realize the same thing: none of the college staff EVER has off at the same time (unless we start hanging out after 11pm) and I inevitably end up sitting in the cottage alone in a weird (and not happy) mood. Don't get me wrong, it's not like we're never able to hang out outside of work, it's just that I always seem to forget how tired I get after working all day and how early I end up going to bed most nights. :)

So here's a new plan that I just came up with:

THE SUMMER OF 10,000 PAGES

I am going to attempt to read 10,000 pages between the time that student teaching ends and classes begin again in the fall. It's 123 days, or about 17 weeks. If I figure that a book has an average of 250 pages, that's 40 books to read. Oh, and Kindle pages will be equal to paper pages.
I'll use this handy-dandy blog to keep track of my progress and fill you all in on what titles I'm devouring.

I can do this, right? I guess we'll see how close I can get. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment