Monday, February 20, 2012

Tired of Being Tired

I am always tired.

Seriously. I feel tired every minute of every day. I have yawned in front of all of my six classes at least once. The funny part is that they don't really know what to do with that. They yawn in class plenty, but they're not used to the teachers doing it.

I never wake up feeling refreshed or rested. I never wake up feeling AWAKE. Some days, I feel like I don't even wake up at all.

Throughout college, I got at least 8 hours of sleep per night. I made sure of it. I can't operate properly on much less than that. It had to be exceptional circumstances (or a vacation) for me to even consider going to bed past midnight.

Since the beginning of student teaching, I've been passing out around 8, 8:30.

WHY IS IT NOT ENOUGH?!

Am I not supposed to be in the prime of my life? Past the teenage years, where you supposedly need all that extra sleep, but not yet into the adult years where your kids and your job wear you out?

22 years old and feeling like 88. I don't have the energy to do anything outside of school and/or work. And sometimes, not even that. I had a day or two last semester where I decided to skip class (usually afternoons) because I simply couldn't keep going.

Student teaching is just beating me up. It is mentally and emotionally strenuous work.
Will I ever get used to it? Is this how my life is going to be from now on?
If so, how can I even imagine adding a husband, kids, and countless other activities when I can't even stay awake past 8?

I am so frustrated with this. (Could you tell?)

I AM SO FREAKING TIRED.

And without God's promise from Matthew 11:28, I might have given up a long time ago.

3 comments:

  1. Not sure, sweetie, but could you have sleep apnea? Perhaps your sleep isn't good, restorative sleep. Could be that 'lack of oxygen' thing. We'll pray that a solution is soon found. Love you, Nana and Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete