Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Ready, Set, READ

All right, two days left of student teaching, and I'm about to kick off my Summer of 10,000 Pages gig. Summer for me starts on Friday at 2:39pm Eastern Standard Time, so any books that I finish after that time and before my first class of the fall (Tuesday, September 4, 9:00am) will count toward my goal. Here are the rules I set out for myself:

1. Page count will come from the official listing for the title at Amazon.com. Hardcover, softcover, Kindle, whatever. I know I said that Kindle pages = paper pages earlier, but I've been getting books in a different format lately and they fit like twice the amount of text per Kindle "page." so Amazon.com is the final word.

2. If I read the book in Spanish, the pages count double.

3. Magazines don't count.

4. I have to finish the book before I can count the pages toward my total.

I'm a little more than halfway through my first book of the summer...Harry Potter y la Camara de Secretos. :) Happy Summer Vacation!
(and may the odds be ever in your favor)

1 comment:

  1. Kind of want to do this too... 'cept my summer doesn't start for another.. 6 days. ish.

    ReplyDelete