Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Door Closed

Well, Eerdmans Publishing said no. That wasn't such a great email to come home to this morning. It said
"We are grateful for your consideration, but I am afraid that in our very full program we do not see a niche for this proposal, and that we must therefore disappoint you. What does not suit our current needs may suit perfectly the needs of another publisher, and we wish you well in your efforts elsewhere." 
Bah. Oh well. It's virtually unheard of for an author to get a deal from their very first publisher anyway. I'm planning to try with Faith Alive Resources next, which just happens to be the publishing arm of the Christian Reformed Church. Wish me luck.

In the meantime, here is what I've been tooling around with as far as the cover art is concerned. That is, if I get a say in it. :) 






















That's all I've got for now. 

1 comment:

  1. OK, love the cover art. I thought their response was at least helpful and kindly presented. That probably doesn't happen all the time. Kudos to them for that. Let us know when you submit. We will continue to pray. Again....keep writing.
    Love and miss you. Got a little sun today...ouch!
    How is HS week going?

    ReplyDelete