Friday, October 19, 2012

TWoNC, Day 4: Provides for Her Loved Ones

She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar. She gets up while it is still night; she provides food for her family and portions for her female servants. (31:14-15)

The woman of noble character provides for her loved ones. Not just food and clothing and shelter, but things without price: support, recognition, care, affection, affirmation, confidence, and love. She is a strong tower to the people in her life. She provides. She follows through. You can count on her. She takes seriously the responsibility that God has entrusted her with. The responsibility of providing. 

But the most important thing she provides to others is a reflection of God. His love shapes who she is, how she thinks, how she prepares, and how she loves. What God has given to her, she gives to others. She provides wholeheartedly even to the people under her authority, like her slaves and servants. They say that you can tell a lot about a person based on the way they treat their superiors. You can tell even more based on the way they treat their inferiors. This woman treats everyone equally; all as vessels to pour God's love into. 

I wish to thank all of the people in my life that have been providers. Providers not just of the concrete things, like food, new clothes, places to live, books, hugs, etc., but also the less tangible things like encouragement, affirmation, prayer, conversation, and love. Thank you for listening to God's nudge to provide to the people in your life. 

Dear God, I want to thank You for the people you have put in my life, both the ones that have provided for me and the ones for whom I can provide. Thank You for using these people to be the face of You when I feel like I don't know where you are. Help me to remember that You are the giver. You are the one who gives to me, not just so that can keep, but so that I can turn around and give to others. Help me to be on the lookout for those who are in need of something that I can provide and use me to show Your love. 
I cling to You. Amen. 




No comments:

Post a Comment