Thursday, April 3, 2014

Honduras, Day 0

In one hour, my aunt and uncle are swinging through to pick me up and head for Detroit. We'll fly out tomorrow at the crack of 6 for Houston, and from there to San Pedro Sula, Honduras. The flight plan says we'll land in SPS around 11am, but of course, this is American aviation we're talking about. We're hoping to arrive in La Esperanza around 7pm, settle in, sleep, and hit the ground running on Saturday with setting up the clinic and seeing people.

Thank you so much for all of your prayers! I am a little nervous right now, mostly because I don't want to forget anything important, but it's only ten days, right? And what are duty-free airport shops for, except for buying things that you forget, right? Anyway, I'm bringing my computer with me so that I can write updates as often as possible.

Here's a map of Honduras for those of you unfamiliar with Honduras geography (myself included). La Esperanza is there about an inch to the left of Tegucigalpa, the capital, marked by the star. Near the end of the week, we'll be going for an excursion to Copan, another inch slightly up and to the left of La Esperanza, near the border of Guatemala. I'll take lots of pictures for ya'll.


Bon voyage! Happy Spring Break to me! I hope the rain lets up for the rest of ya'll here in west Michigan.

1 comment:

  1. Godspeed and mission trip adventure blessings, Sweetie! Looking forward to pics!
    Love,
    Nana and Papa

    ReplyDelete