Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Prayer for You, Kristi

I can't believe this is happening again. This can't be real. This CANNOT be real.
Girl, I am so sorry. I can't tell you that I know how you're feeling, because that would be a lie and not very helpful to you. Only people who have had cancer come back can truly feel the way you do right now. Cancer needs to go die.

I'm scared. You must be scared. I would be 500% surprised if you said that you weren't scared. But I'll tell you this - God knows what you need, when you need, and who you need. He knows how to take care of you and I am confident beyond a shadow of a doubt that He will carry you through all of this cancer mess. He'll do it. He WILL.

I'm gathering a crowd of people and we're going to storm the gates of Heaven with our prayers for you, okay? We're going to pray for your family, wisdom about what to do next, patience and endurance to deal with the frustrations, skill and wisdom for your doctors, comfort for the people that love you, healing for your body, relief from any sickness, support for you and your family, light for the dark times, peace for the scary times, understanding for the confusing times, rest for the exhausting times, and arms to hold you close during the times that just plain suck.

You got this. With God on your side, nothing will be impossible for you. Rest in God. Praying for you, always.

Love, Andrea

If you read this blog post, I ask that you pray for Kristi. She's 14, she's facing another difficult fight with cancer, but she's one of the bravest girls I know. Please join me in flooding the gates of Heaven with prayers for her and her family.

3 comments: