Monday, December 5, 2011

Troubled Relationship

Some background:
I was in Education 307 today, pretending to be an 8th grader pretending to be in Language Arts class. The "teachers" (Elizabeth and Sarah) were covering different types of rhyme in song and poetry and at the end of the class, we had to try our own hand at writing a poem, either with rhyme or without it. The only requirements were that it had to be 6 lines long and about either falling in love or breaking up. The poem that follows is born out of the last several weeks I have endured.


"Troubled Relationship"

You make too many demands.
I feel like you've tied my hands.
I no longer recognize you.
I just can't take it anymore.
You've left my heart battered and sore.
Calvin College...we're through.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment