Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Prayer For You

Hi,
I was sitting behind you in church tonight and may I just say, your hair looked fantastic. The pastor invited us to greet those around us, and when you turned around, I saw that you were pregnant. It was a bit of a surprise because you certainly don't look pregnant from the back. Anyway, I want you to know that I'm praying for you. I don't know your name, I've met your boyfriend only once or twice, and I worked with his sister for a summer. Maybe this will find its way to you somehow.
I pray that God will draw especially close to you in the next months and years. I'm sure this isn't the future that you had in mind, but I know that God will show you where He wants you to be and He will walk beside you every day. I pray for bravery, for courage, for endurance, for patience, and for peace. I pray that God will keep you healthy and strong so that your baby will grow healthy and strong. I pray that you would feel His love and that He would lend you His strength when you face people who are not supportive. You are beautiful and strong. Don't let ANYONE try to convince you otherwise.

Please, if you are reading this right now, join me and pray for this girl, her family, and her boyfriend. Less judgment, more compassion. Sound like a plan?

Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment