Sunday, June 12, 2011

Soul Music

Today, I miss singing with the Spain kids.
During Interim, we sang 3 or 4 songs every day, sometimes even up to 7. And we were sooooo good at it, even though the songs were in Spanish and we were learning them. But for the most part, they were songs that we already knew the tunes to, so it was just a matter of learning the Spanish words and getting the timing right and all of that.

Anyway, we sang 4 songs tonight in church that we had learned the Spanish words to. I had a few moments of transportation back to our classroom in Denia, where the only music came from a guitar. Our voices meshed perfectly, and it didn't take very long for us to break off into harmonies and counter-melodies. It was so amazing, I can't even describe it. It's that sensation you feel in your chest, like your soul is being filled up and all you want to do is keep that feeling alive, no matter what. 

My heart, O God, is steadfast;
I will sing and make music with all my soul.
-Psalm 108:1

I'm looking forward to the next time that we get that group together to sing, whether that be in this life or after it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment