Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My computer is broken!!!

Actually, to clarify, it's just the screen that doesn't work anymore. It's not smashed or anything, it just can't start itself up anymore. At least, I think that's how the Geek Squad representative at Best Buy described it...

So I'm in the market for a new laptop. I was wandering around the Best Buy in Zeeland getting all excited about computer (I'm a bit of a nerd, bear with me) and the computers they had on display have come a loooonngg way from where mine is, and I only got it 3 years ago! The one with the smallest about of hard drive space was like 300GB (mine is 212) and the most was 1.5TB (which is 1500 GB, for those who are unfamiliar with computer hard disk conversions ;) )!
For about 5 seconds I was seriously considering switching camps and buying a Mac, but then I remembered that all of my stuff is formatted for PC. All my music, documents, my entire external hard drive, everything. Sorry Mac enthusiasts, this girl's staying with Windows.

I hope to have a new one in my hands on Friday, so I apologize for not posting anything else on here for awhile. We're getting down to the wire with all of the college staff leaving for school and orientation and commitments and everywhere is short-staffed. Thank goodness we have only 50ish kids in Bible School (average per week is about 100) because we're down from 16 teachers to only 6. We'd really have a problem if numbers were as high as they were last week (120!) :)

Happy early Labor Day weekend to you all, try to relax and enjoy the last bit of summer, capische?

No comments:

Post a Comment