Saturday, May 7, 2011

Insomniac

I can tell as soon as I lay my head down on my pillow whether or not I will be falling asleep quickly or not. And it has nothing to do with how tired I feel, nor how late it is.
Take tonight for instance.
It's a quarter after one (I'm all alone and I need you now - Need You Now, Lady Antebellum), both my mind and my body are tired, but I can't sleep. I think it's a combination of preparing for exams next week, worrying my brains out about the OPI next week, and being completely impatient to get back home.
It gets easier and I can forget my impatience from time to time, now that the end is in sight and I can count the days left on my fingers (and a few toes). Tomorrow we forget the toes. They keep telling us to soak up every minute here, every sight, every feeling. But I just can't get my mind off of leaving and getting back to the Grounds. I miss camp a lot and I can't wait to get back.

So here's what I'm going to do: I'm not going to worry about it. I am going to enjoy Spain as much as I can while I wade through exams and that dreaded OPI. I am going to try to be patient. And I am going to cherish every minute that I have left with my classmates. They've meant the world to me this semester.

Okay little girl, time for you to go to bed. Sleep well. Keep calm and carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment