Friday, May 6, 2011

Inspiration

Hebrews 11:16 might seem like a pretty obscure verse, but it's one of my favorites:

"Instead, they were longing for a better country, a heavenly one. Therefore, God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a place for them."

I wait for Heaven every day, some days more than others. Especially being here in Spain. And yes, I know I should have started a blog about 4 months ago when I got here. But that's not what this is about. There have been many many days where I have wanted to go home. Grand Rapids home. And there have been several days, especially as summer draws nearer, that I have wanted to go Grand Haven home. Others days, it's been a Calvin home kind of day.

And then there are the days where I want to go Home. Capital H.

Those are the hard days, no matter what city I'm in. Those days where your heart feels so heavy from carrying around all of your burdens and worries. Those days where you want to just give in and give up. Those days where you feel off-balance and out of of place. That's when I want to go Home.

Some day, we won't have to wait for our heavenly country. We may be out of place, but we are right where we are supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment