Saturday, May 28, 2011

Come Ye Apart....and Don't Waste Your Summer

Guys, it's here. I am updating from my beloved Conference Grounds!! What's more, I'm updating from the comfortable green sectional in the girls' cottage, Amistad. With Internet. Oh yes.
So what have I been up to...
Well, I got out here yesterday around 9ish, JUST in time to see the sunset, which was amazing. My roommate Jessica and I wandered around for a bit, said hi to some people, and then joined my brother, Kevin, and Ben for a bomb-sized fire (just kidding, maintenance men). Then Jessica and I had a sleepover! Sort of. Haha. Her mom was already asleep, so we just went to bed.
Today, I worked for 11 hours. No lie. It was crazy, but that's okay. I got to see a bunch of the Memorial Day Weekend regulars, serve up some dinner, pie, and ice cream, and do the general store thang.

It's hard for me to put into words just how excited I am to be back. Whenever things were bad in Spain, I would think of being back at the Grounds. It's one of the best communities I've ever been a part of. The staff includes all ages, from high schoolers all the way up to the retired fellows. The retired people are some of my favorite people in the whole world. They share so much wisdom with us and some of them (like Jessica's grandpa) get into more mischief than my 3rd and 4th graders.

But mostly, it's great just to be back where I know I belong. I can always be sure that I'm making a difference here, and I love knowing that. This place will always occupy a big place in my heart.

It's good to be back. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment